Proper venting for new attic bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Ronney Nanney

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for advice on how to vent my new attic bathroom. The pic is my plan for the placement of fixtures and drain lines. The main waste line is already installed and does not connect with the rest of the house. The line runs inside the joist and exits the house and runs through a chase to the ground into the septic tank. I have easy access to the other 2 down stair bathroom vents already in place. Just looking for advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 466

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, if you are in the Dallas City Limits, then Dallas follows the 2012 version of the IPC, with some important modifications. The IPC permits wet-venting of bathroom groups on the same floor. Nothing prevents you from going beyond the code requirements and actually venting each fixture.

See the following UPC handouts (the UPC is more demanding on venting):
Plumbing-and-Trenching-for-Homeowners---2018 (klickitatcounty.org)
Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronney Nanney

Reaction score
Well, if you are in the Dallas City Limits, then Dallas follows the 2012 version of the IPC, with some important modifications. The IPC permits wet-venting of bathroom groups on the same floor. Nothing prevents you from going beyond the code requirements and actually venting each fixture.

See the following UPC handouts (the UPC is more demanding on venting):
Plumbing-and-Trenching-for-Homeowners---2018 (klickitatcounty.org)
Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County
No city limits or codes, just want it to work correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronney Nanney

Reaction score
So is this ok? Do I need to add another vent between the toilet and the shower ?I could run it up the shower wall if I need it. (sorry for the poor diagram)
Project1with vent.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks