Proper toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

TerryT

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and need to know which type of toilet flange to use that goes into a cast iron drain. Any sealer used? Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you use a cast iron flange, then the lead and oakum make the seal. IF it is a 3" pipe, you can get a flange that clamps to the outside of the pipe with a neoprene (?) rubber seal. If it is a 4" pipe, you can get a similar one that clamps to the inside of the pipe. Or, you can snap off of the cast and replace the whole part with pvc. while using a no-hub conection to hold them together.

TerryT

Reaction score
I've seen plastic flanges at HD, that have a rubber like seal on the outside of it. It looks as if the seal is slightly tappered. Apparently it just gets inserted into the pipe and the rubber seals it. Have you seen/used these?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks