Promenade vs Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

hankski

Reaction score
We are remodeling our bathroom & powder room, including replacing the toilets. We decided that we want the ADA height. Our dilemma is that the ADA Promenade with Sanigloss (CST424SFG) is our first choice, but the 4-6 week delivery quoted by our plumbing supply would require that we reschedule the flooring installation. They do have the ADA Drake in stock, but it is not available with Sanigloss.

Don't know why TOTO does not offer the ADA Drake with Sanigloss. Any information out there as to whether the Sanigloss for an ADA height toilet would significantly improve cleanliness &/or performance?

Many thanks..

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This isn't exactly the answer to your question, but are you planning to put the toilets down before you lay the floor? If so, you're backward. The toilet flanges should rest on top of the finished floor so they are the last thing you install. You ask a good question regard the Sanigloss. I don't know why Toto does not offer this on all of their toilets instead of just a select few.:confused:

hankski

Reaction score
Gary, thanks for the reply.

We are putting a new floor down first and then installing toilets. We just wanted to avoid two toilet installs in a short span of time. It made sense to replace the old water hog toilet while the it was off the flange.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Gary has the standard glaze on his TOTO Dartmouth, so maybe he can weigh in on that.

The CEFIONTECT does stay a bit cleaner, but I can also see the problem with the wait.

The Drake II comes in a high bowl and has CEFIONTECT.
That one is easier to find.

CST454CEFG

hankski

Reaction score
Hi Terry
How does the Double Cyclone flush stack up against the regular G-Max flush. Our plumber likes the G-max, but he may not be up to speed on the Cyclone.
>h

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There isn't much difference between the two.
Trapway design is similar, they both use the 3" flush valve in the tank.

G = 1.6 gallons
E = 1.28 gallons

The double cyclone is the method or rinsing.
It doesn't change the flush.

It's like picking an apple or an orange,
They are both good.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As Terry noted, my Dartmouth does not have CEFIONTECT. In over a year and a half, I can tell you that there has only be an occasional need to give the bowl a quick brush to get rid of streaking. It does not require much effort to keep it clean. I have never had the opportunity to compare a Sanaglossed toilet with mine, so I can't give an objective comparison.

hankski

Reaction score
We bit the bullet and bought a Drake II with CEFIONTECT and ADA today. We needed two toilets. My distributor only had one Drake II, and could not guarantee delivery on a second in my installation timeframe. As a result, we bought a ADA Eco Drake and no CEFIONTECT as the second toilet.

We should be in a position to do a "side-by-side" comparison to the Double Cyclone and CEFIONTECT vs. G-max and standard finish. Also, we should be able to comment on Toto's legendary international parts compatibility. The Eco-Drake has a tank made in Viet Nam and a bowl made in USA. The Drake II bowl is made in the USA and the tank is made in China.

Help me understand the naming conventions. The bowls on both units are called Gwyneths by the distributor and on the box. Does the Drake name come into play when the bowl and tank are combined, or is that the model name for the tank?

Just curious...

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Not sure why they changed the name from Gwyneth to the Drake II on the 2pc and the Ultramax II on the 1pc.

Toto has a history of changing the names of there toilets.

The toilet has not changed though.

hankski

Reaction score
Gwyneth Drake Identity Crisis

I wish Toto would get over their identity crisis and stick with a single name. Thank goodness there is stability in the model number or I would not have been able to locate the Drake II with my supplier.:confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks