product called 'just for copper'

Users who are viewing this thread

lilbittybathroom

Reaction score
i saw a product called 'just for copper' that purports to be a solderless way to join copper pipes. since im rotten at solder, im interested. anyone have any experience with this product?

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
You bumped into one of dozens of products specifically designed to woo the jaded homeowner.
On copper there aren't any shortcuts that are trustworthy.
Plumbers even have a new product called "Propress" that intends to appease those who don't like soldering, it makes a seal with rubber but it isn't gaining momentum with pro's.
General concensus amongst pro's speaks volumes.

Nate R

Reaction score
Am I just lucky, or does the average homeowner have a tough time soldering? My first soldering job was putting a tee into the main water line into the house, and running new copper to a hose bib. 14 joints leak free the first time. Haven't had to do any since then.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Nate R said:
Am I just lucky, or does the average homeowner have a tough time soldering? My first soldering job was putting a tee into the main water line into the house, and running new copper to a hose bib. 14 joints leak free the first time. Haven't had to do any since then.

Soldering is actually a quite simple process.....it's just that dealing with existing systems provides tons of circumstances that affect the task.

Once you follow the procedures correctly and remove all chances of water from the equation....it goes quite simple. Knowing the cause and effect of fluid dynamics helps as well.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Now you've done it... You woke Grumpy....

"Some days I wake up grumpy...
Some days I just let him sleep..."<snicker>

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks