Problems with shallow well...

Users who are viewing this thread

ShallowWellNoob

Reaction score
Have had problems for a long time with parents well/pump. It will pump water fine as long as the pump is on & running, they have been using the breaker box to turn it on and off themselves, as it will never reach shut-off.

Today we installed all new lines & fittings, etc.. UNDER the pump (down into the well) and a new pump. Turned it on, water coming out fine just as before - let everything run for a while with all water open to get air out of the lines. Seemed like all air was out and the pump was running at 22lbs. After turning everything off and letting the pump run for about 10 mins, it had dropped to 15lbs. Any idea what is going on? --- was able to take a 30 min shower on full blast and have steady water before replacing, so I dont think its a problem with the water level (although, Im new to all this)

Could it be something above the pump in the system? Any leak would have to be leaking into the basement and I do not see anything dripping...

ShallowWellNoob

Reaction score
Oh, and my father was told that the water is fed by an underground river a long time ago I guess - using a 1 HP convertible shallow well pump. Line goes down about 90 ft. --water is normally VERY clean, no dirt/rust/etc....tastes great and is normally very clear.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks