Problem with water suction

Users who are viewing this thread

kevin102

Reaction score
scan0001.jpg

Hi all,

Anyone see the problem here! I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Maybe the pump is not strong enough?

Thanks,

Kevin :eek:

kevin102

Reaction score
Yes Primed it several times, even went as far to add a ballcock valve at center of hose where a garden hose could be attached and water pushed through the pipe until primer at pump was overflowing. when we switched pump on it sucked for a bit but then nothing!

kevin102

Reaction score
Thanks cacher_chick, I think I may have spotted a suction leak at the pump itself! cheap china plastic intake nozzle grrrr ;) I'll call into the local fittings store and buy a brass nozzle instead.

kevin102

Reaction score
Yes LLigetfa, I soon realized I made a huge blunder in my purchase of this type of pump, submersible is they way to go :p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks