Problem with tank, no pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

K B

Reaction score
This is a problem with a vacation house that is on a well. It is only used seasonally. The hot water to the kitchen hot water pipe froze this winter so when we turned on the well recently, there was a gusher under the sink. Turned off the well. Decided to isolate the problem by putting a sharkbite shutoff on the copper pipe with the leak. But when I tried to turn on the water to a sink that should have worked nothing came out.

Checked the well pump. The motor for the pump runs, but it is not pressurizing the tank, the pressure gauge stays at zero. Did I somehow depressurize the tank by cutting into the line? The pump/tank worked fine initially, then didn't. First time for a house on a well, so I'm not sure how this works. Because this is in the country (no internet connection), I can't even run and see what type of tank it is. Any information would be helpful.

Last edited:

Wondering

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a jet pump? If so I would say you need to prime the pump, then you should be in business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks