Problem with plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

TheLink

Reaction score
My parents have a seasonal house on Cape Cod, Mass. that they have had the same plumber close up, open up and check on every winter. He has another job on the cape with a plumbing contractor. This is just moonlight work. Last winter he never came. My parents called in the fall and got his wife who said he would be there and everything is OK. We know he didn't come because I park my RV there in the winter and, with all the snow they had on the cape, I was there several times to check on it and shovel off the roof. So, of course, I went into the house to check on things. Water was still on, toilets not drained, etc. They do keep the heat on at a minimum amount all winter so everything was all right. Fortunately. Last summer I renovated one of my parents bathrooms. I'm just a handy man / home owner but a very good one. I was thinking that he felt he should have gotten the job. My mother showed it to him and told him that her son did it. Something that he may or may not believe. They called and left a message after they got back asking if there was a problem. They have not heard from him. Does anyone have any suggestions other that my driving down from Boston to close down, open up, and check on the house every time the temp drops very low. Since I live in Boston I wouldn't have any way of knowing if the cape had a power outage, for example.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks