Problem with Kohler Cimmaron Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

tlong_66

Reaction score
I've had a Kohler Cimmaron for a year or so now and it has worked great until recently. Every few minutes the fill valve opens and fills the tank then somehow it must lose water because it kicks on awhile later. I have tried adusting the chain and water level and cleaning around flapper seal. Any other ideas or do i need to install new fil valve and/or flush valve? I don't use any in tank cleaning by the way. Also will it accept a universal repair valve?

Last edited:

Artie

Reaction score
It sounds like the fill valve is working as its supposed to. Do you have a shut-off valve under the toilet tank? If so, just turn it off, and check back in a couple hours. If the water level is down, you have a leak. Probably the flapper valve. Only takes a tiny bit of grit of something to cause it to leak. Or just being worn out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks