problem with kitchen spray hose

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by wclclearwater98, Jan 17, 2013.

1. wclclearwater98

wclclearwater98 New Member

please help....

i just went to replace my old kitchen sprayer hose on the sink, and when i follow the hose to the water main, where it connects to the water main, it doesn't screw on like a regular fitting. i broke off the plastic piece around it thinking it was just a casing and found it just an outlet

how do i replace??

please
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Need brand and modal # other than replace the faucet.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Some of those use a snap lock fitting like on an air hose or a gas connector for a barbeque.
  4. wclclearwater98

wclclearwater98 New Member

thanks!

the guy that sold me the new hose with the screw on fitting said it was universal. I didnt know about the snap lock fitting hoses.

know i now.

do you need any special tools or experience to put that kind on?

thanks again
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

As Benny Hill would have said, "Universal" is what they call it, not what it is". Assuming you did not damage the faucet's connection, the new hose will either have the snap fitting attached, or should come with the "snap coupling" that attaches it. However, those hoses are NOT "universal" so you need to know the make and model of the faucet.