Problem. Limited clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

GreeneTruck

Reaction score
I only have 8 1/2 inches of clearance from back shoe molding to closet flange bolts. I might squeeze in 9.0 inches, if I cut out a piece of the shoe molding.

I wanted to install a Toto Drake, but those require upwards of 12.0 inches of clearance.

Anybody know of other Toto models that can work with 8.5 inches of clearance?

Cheers......Greenetruck

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are 10" rough in toilets you can order but they cost more and may not be available in every model. The measurement is taken from the bolts to the finished wall, not the molding.

GreeneTruck

Reaction score
Jerome2877:

Thank you for your reply. Like I said in my op, I measure 9.0 from the finished wall (without molding).

I have made some inquiries. American Standard still makes a model for an 8.0 inch rough-in. But I am trying to replace a 40 year old American Standard.

Nothing wrong with the old tank and bowl. I was just trying to up grade to a toilet that uses less water. Oh well, so much for trying to save the planet.

I'll just put new guts (fill and flapper) in the old tank and put the old American Standard back in place. Life goes on

Cheers......Greenetruck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks