Problem getting full hot from faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Desi501

Reaction score
Hello, I have a somewhat strange problem. I own a single floor, 1250SF home built on a slab in Florida. In the master bedroom bath mostly, if I turn on the faucet to full hot I get warm only. If I leave it running and go to the tub 5 feet away and turn it on full hot for 3 to 5 seconds, the faucet water turns hot. I get the same issue in other rooms to a lesser degree.I have even tried shutting the cold supply off altogether and still only get warm. I have replaced the faucet with no change.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have a hot water recirculation system? IF you do, the cross-over valve may be defective.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
A cross flow can happen at single handle shower faucets if the faucet is worn or maybe if not installed correctly. Also if you add an extra shut off on the shower that can cause this problem. (The shower valve is the most likely cause)..... A “Y” connect hose on a hot and a cold faucet can cause this problem too. There are other reasons too.

Desi501

Reaction score
That makes some sense. I don't recall the setup behind the wall in the shower/tub but the shower control has been there for about 7 years and the problem has only shown up in the last 6 months or so. The originally plumbing is about 35 years old.

Desi501

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 93

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last edited:

Desi501

Reaction score
When you pull that part out there will be a pressure ballancing unit behind that. You will need to replace everything.
Here is a simular valve with diagrams and pictures:
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....hler-rite-temp-bath-shower-valve-k-304.41581/
Wow, that pressure balancing unit is even more money than the outer valve. Home depot seems to have both in stock. I looked upo the combo part number but Home Depot only shows the mixing block on that part number. Either way they have what I need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks