Prier Outdoor Faucet Plastic Cap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by teqnic, Jun 25, 2009.

1. teqnic

teqnic New Member

We have prier outdoor faucets on our home. They look like this model. I mainly just use one of our faucets. I noticed that when I turn the faucet off, a small amount of water seems to come from or drip from the red plastic cap on top. Is that normal or does that cap need to be replaced?

Thank you!
  2. NPMSTR

NPMSTR In the Trades

Red Plastic Cap, are you sure its Prier? Prier is usually green.

The device is a vacuum breaker, which might spit a drop or 2 occasionally with water pressure changes. These typically can be replaced.

Good luck.
  3. teqnic

teqnic New Member

Re:

Thanks. I'm not too good with colors. You are right they are red. Just really faded from the sun on some sides of the house.

Sometimes when I turn the faucet off, a drip or two comes down from underneath the read cap. But it always stops after that. It does not continue to drip. I also checked are leak meter and we have no leaks.