Price phister shower control

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by JRL, Feb 27, 2009.

1. JRL

JRL New Member

I have this control in a home in AZ and the shower knob is very stiff and

almost takes two hands to pull on. Is there a simple fix for this? Thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Replace the cartridge. Or, if you're really lucky, you could take it out and put some plumber's grease on it, but replacment is probably best. It might be free, check with the manufacturer...many have a life-time warranty.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pp

Call 1-800-PFAUCET and have Price Pfister send you one. I could pick one up in a couple of hours in Phoenix, if I did not have one on the truck, but that is not an option for you.