Price Pfister Shower Value

Users who are viewing this thread

danwsmith

Reaction score
I'm looking to remodel a shower and am trying to find a PP value that both controls volume and temperature, just like the old days, with a single handle.... I've gotten conflicting answers from PF that the 0x9-010a value operates in a pull up for volume control and turn for hot-cold temp control, but it looks like it's not a pressure sensitive value... The PF folks say that the 0x8 values only do hot-cold and pressure sensing.

Does anyone know this 0x9 PP value? If it works like I want it, can I install it without the scald protection in Texas?

Thanks for any help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The scale protection thing is a national code, so unless modified by the local authorities, I doubt you can legally install one. Some of the people here are not thrilled with PF, either. I have no personal experience.

Pressure-balanced valves I'm familiar with do not have a volume control. To get a volume control, you need to step up to a thermostatic valve. But, those are not single handle. From personal expeience, a thermostically controlled valve is a pleasure to use, since you rarely change the temperature setting, and you have only to use one control for volume. Some of them use a small lever for temp and a bigger knob or lever for volume, so you get nearly the same operation.

danwsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the thermostatic.... but it several hundred dollars more, and I'm planning on two.. one for shower and one for handheld.

My other option is Delta T17240 with value R10000-UNBX which would do the volume/temperature and pressure sense. Any comments on that configuration from anyone... Thanks!

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Assuming the handheld and shower are in the same space, use a divertor valve to select each in tandem or separately instead of a primary valve.

danwsmith

Reaction score
jadnashua said:
Assuming the handheld and shower are in the same space, use a divertor valve to select each in tandem or separately instead of a primary valve.

I'd planned to pipe both hot and cold to two separate valves so that we could reach the handheld valve from the shower seat, turn on & off without having to stand and reach the main valve for the tall up shower -- instead of doing one valve and a diverter.

Question is: Is there anything screwy about tee piping the supply lines to two valves? Normally, they would not be on at the same time.

Thanks again for all the help.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Probably okay, but more costly. A divertor is cheaper than a whole valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks