Price Pfister Shower Diverter Removel

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Adam S, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Adam S

Adam S New Member

I need to remove ther diverter on a PP shower set. It is a friends shower and I have not seen it. He has tried to remove it and he has said it is stuck. My question is, is there a tool or a special piece of equipment that I need to free the valve? I have no idea how old it is. Thank you in advance. Adam
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Most PP diverters have a nylon washer around the stem up near the business end. This washer tends to get distorted and hangs up when trying to remove the stem. Turn the stem to the CCW ( shower) position, and then unscrew the body and wiggle and work it out.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

If he can unscrew it, but can't get it out, then he just has to pull harder. If it will not unscrew the tile backing is probably cementing it in and has to be removed from around the diverter stem. Otherwise it comes out just like the hot and cold stems.