Price Pfister Pull-Out Kitchen Faucets

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Kiko, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Kiko

Kiko New Member

Why does the cartridge on this faucet (Classic Series WKP-5) fail after only a couple of years? Water pools up on top of the cartridge and leaks out the handle. This is the third cartridge I've had to install in 5 years. The cartridges come straight from PP, so they must be OEM cartridges.
  2. Someone in PP will talk to someone at PP's cartridge supplier company, and someone there will talk to someone at the China factory. Something will be decided, about what to do for the future, because this cartridge is not quite good enough to be good...

That's how the plumbing fixture business goes these days. It makes it hard to generalize about whether or not Company YXZ is good or not.

You meanwhile have to keep replacing the cartridge.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

So far, mine has lasted over 11 years, and NONE of the ones I have installed for customers have EVER needed replacing, either. They DID recently have a problem with their tub/shower Avanté cartridges, but that has been fixed.
  4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

PP has sent me parts for mine for 10 years at no cost. One great company! cartridge lasted 9 years.
  5. Price Pfister

Price Pfister Pfister Faucets

Hi ballvalve,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with your Pfister Faucet warranty. For more information on the Pfister Warranty please visit:

http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/support/warranty.aspx

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.