Price Pfister kitchen faucet leaks- need Model info

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by hjandjc, Dec 19, 2012.

1. hjandjc

hjandjc New Member

I have a PricePfister kitchen faucet installed by the builder during fall of 2001. The faucet is leaking onto sink top from base of faucet. Also, water is leaking into the cupboard below .

I am not sure of the exact model #.Attached are some pics of the unit. Please let me know the model # and also advise how to stop the leak. Is it a problem with the cartridge? Also, I see that the retainer ring holding the cartridge is made of plastic and how do I remove the retainer ring?

Any help appreciated

PF kitchen faucet1.jpg PF kitchen faucet opened with leaking hole.jpg PF kitchen faucet opened view.jpg . Thanks

Jay
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Yes with a 10 year old pfister faucet time to replace, that is why they are made cheap!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Call 1-800-PFAUCET and send them a picture of the faucet showing the deterioration and they should send you a new faucet. It worked for me.
  5. hjandjc

hjandjc New Member

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Based on the parts break down I will need the cartridge Part # 974-035 and the retainer nut 941-711. It appears the plastic nut # 931-900 has now been replaced with brass nut Part # 941-711. I have searched local Home depot, Lowes and Ace hardware for the above parts with no luck. I am not able to find both parts from the same source over the internet. Most of the sources have the cartridge but not the nut. PF has both, but quotes an arm and a leg for shipping only. Any suggestion? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. hj

Show Pfister a picture of the deteriorated finish. Shipping for a new faucet will be the same as for the parts, about $9.00.
  7. hjandjc

hjandjc New Member

Thanks for the info. I am not the first owner. That's why I decided to replace only the parts.

I emailed the pics to pricepfister@custhelp.com <pricepfister@custhelp.com> which bounced. Who do I send the pics to? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

8. hj

Call Pfister and tell customer service the finish on the faucet is deteriorating. THey will tell you where to send the pictures. Possibly to Wendy Morrow.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012