Price Pfister 3 handle tub faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

J&W

Reaction score
I have a Price Pfister 3 handle tub faucet which is leaking. I replaced the washers and seats which I have done successfully before elsewhere on the same model faucet. Very surprised to see that the leak was not stopped. Any suggestions on what else to try? Many thanks.

J&W

Reaction score
I have a Price Pfister 3 handle tub faucet which is leaking. I replaced the washers and seats which I have done successfully before elsewhere on the same model faucet. Very surprised to see that the leak was not stopped. Any suggestions on what else to try? Many thanks.
Issue solved. I have read here that seats don't require thread sealants, but in this case it made all the difference.

J&W

Reaction score
I had used teflon tape but the threads on the seats were about half the width of the tape and I don't think it adhered well. I'm glad this forum is here, great info source!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks