Price Pfiister cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
I purchased a new faucet for the new bathroom. Cleaned the screens and flushed it out. 3 weeks later the hot side is clogged in the cartridge. Bought a new cartridge, flushed it out and cleaned the screen. 3 weeks later, same thing. Wrote the company. New cartridge. 3 weeks later, same thing. It's getting old.
The screen is intact and fine. It's always the hot side only, and the screen is clear and identical to the cold. Any ideas? All I can think of is contamination in the short factory hose, but after flushing I get the same deal in 3 weeks again.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What model faucet is it? You can be almost positive it is NOT coming from the hose, but where is it getting plugged up if it is not in the screen. That should be the only place with openings small enough to plug, but, so far, I have not seen a Pfister Pfaucet with screens in the cartridge.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Repeated clogging of screens on the hot side only would surely point to junk in the hot water piping/water heater, no? I can't see how that is in any
way the responsibility of the faucet mfr., but they amazingly sent you a new cartridge anyway. Nice guys!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Exactly. Wouldn't that suggest that sediment or other schmutz from the hot water heater is clogging the thing?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Except he states that the screen is "clean and looks like the cold side", and therefore, I, at least, do not know where it is getting plugged up.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
Except he states that the screen is "clean and looks like the cold side", and therefore, I, at least, do not know where it is getting plugged up.

That's the rub. The faucet has a short 9" or so factory hose, with screens in the nuts/ferrules you extend with hoses to the shut off cocks. The screen is always clean, yet the "cartridge" clogs only on the hot side. It is quite the mind blowing deal here.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
Repeated clogging of screens on the hot side only would surely point to junk in the hot water piping/water heater, no? I can't see how that is in any
way the responsibility of the faucet mfr., but they amazingly sent you a new cartridge anyway. Nice guys!

No junk in the hot water. Screen is clean and clear.
If I pull the cartridge, flush the unit, and install a new cartridge, 3 weeks later, JUST the hot is reduced to dribble. The factory has a hard time believing me, but they sent me a new cartridge. Now, 4 weeks later, here I go again. Crap.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
So I suppose the only "theory" would be sediment small enough to pass the screen, but large enough to clog the cartridge. Correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks