Pressure Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by sullij15, Apr 14, 2009.

1. sullij15

sullij15 New Member

I have a newly installed Kohler K-304-KP Rite Temp pressure balancing valve in my shower. The problem is that, even though the handle is turned all the way up, the water won't get past luke warm. The water in the sink runs hot so it seems to be just an issue with the shower. Any ideas on how to fix this?
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

Behind the handle there is a temperature limit stop that needs adjusting.
  3. sullij15

sullij15 New Member

When I took the handle off, the stop is going all the way up, the red tab connects to the black stop. Any other ideas?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Some valves use a screw to adjust the limits, some use a lever. You may need to pull that stop off and rotate it. The instructions should have come with the valve. If you don't have them, have you checked with Kohler to see if you can get them?

It may become obvious if you look at the parts breakdown. There will be some way to adjust the hot volume, you just haven't figured it out yet. Another Kohler gotcha...reinvent the wheel sort of thing...they must do it 'their way'.
  5. sullij15

sullij15 New Member

Thanks! I'll pull the instructions and see if I can make sense of it. It's def worth a shot b/c I'm tired of luke warm showers!!