Pressure vacuum breaker making noise

Users who are viewing this thread

joeslppy

Reaction score
My PVB is making noise. It sounds like somone is using a weed wacker/trimmer. The noise goes away when I turn on my irrigation system. Any idea why all the sudden this noise started? Is the PVB bad, or is there some other problem?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
noise

Sounds like that are usually caused when your irrigation system has a small leak so that the PRV does not have to open completely to allow the flow.

joeslppy

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.
I've only owned the house 6 months (the house and the irrigation system are 10 years old). I had an irrigation company come out and service the system earlier this summer prior to turning it on. Is springing a small leak common? I've only used the system 2 times this summer because we've had a fair amount of rain. Is there any way to determine where the leak is? And is this something I try to do myself?

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks