Pressure Testing Back to Gas Meter

Users who are viewing this thread

Jgwalter

Reaction score
AND, you MUST engage the second thread IMMEDIATELY, because any additional turns will screw up your calculation as to how many turns before they are equally hand tight. As I said, it is not something for an amateur to do, assuming he could even locate a left right coupling/nipple combination. Also, the left hand nipple is ALWAYS 4" long to complicate the situation.

I agree, although I am confident I could get it installed. Perhaps, it might take a couple of attempts, but if it tests OK, then it is OK. I found a source online for the parts, which is where the FAQ came from, but I could not seem to include the link in my post. It kept blanking it out, so I must have some setting wrong somewhere.

I am going to start a new thread regarding a possible alternative solution to this project.

Jgwalter

Reaction score
as most of my projects have been repipes

This might actually be a good solution for me, as two of the three current appliances are part of remodel projects in the near future. Unfortunately, I need to get the cooktop working before tackling the other projects. I just hadn't planned on repiping the entire house just to add a cooktop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks