Pressure tank sizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump is still going to cycle for every 23 gallons of water used with that 86 gallon tank. You need to figure out why the CSV is not working. The CSV was working when it left here, but something is not right now.

I have been testing all day. I have a 25S20-11 pump in the pit and with 500+ pounds pulling up on the CSV12560-1 it works fine. The minimum flow even with 20 PSI differential is .3 GPM, and I think you have 40+ PSI differential. This CSV regulates everything above 2 GPM at 60-65 PSI. Set 20' below surface that would give you 50-55 PSI when using water, and you should get plenty of time for tank fill. I do not think you need the -3 valve, especially for those drip zones with only 10 heads.

I am shipping this CSV to you today. I recommend trying it before purchasing an expensive tank that won't stop the cycling.

CSV125 pull and flow test.jpg

Leeelson

Reaction score
The pump is still going to cycle for every 23 gallons of water used with that 86 gallon tank. You need to figure out why the CSV is not working. The CSV was working when it left here, but something is not right now.

I have been testing all day. I have a 25S20-11 pump in the pit and with 500+ pounds pulling up on the CSV12560-1 it works fine. The minimum flow even with 20 PSI differential is .3 GPM, and I think you have 40+ PSI differential. This CSV regulates everything above 2 GPM at 60-65 PSI. Set 20' below surface that would give you 50-55 PSI when using water, and you should get plenty of time for tank fill. I do not think you need the -3 valve, especially for those drip zones with only 10 heads.

I am shipping this CSV to you today. I recommend trying it before purchasing an expensive tank that won't stop the cycling.

View attachment 32874
Well, I live in a state where gambling is legal, so I'll give it a try. $200 slots.

Reach4

Reaction score
What happens if somebody installs a CSV backwards?

I understand that these symptoms don't match that, but what would those symptoms be?

Leeelson

Reaction score
Third time is the charm. Finally had the 60-1 CSV installed (the correct way, I believe, see picture). Asymptotic pressure reached is about 63 PSI. I set the pressure switch so that the pump runs for 2 minutes with all demand off. This was about 62 PSI. I tested several sources, including a 2.2 GPM faucet. When the pump comes on, pressure rises (from 42 PSI) to about 58 and holds steady. More tests to come, but so far, I'm a happy camper. Thanks to valveman for sticking with this.
IMG_20160222_094215855.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. That is the way it should have worked on day one. Still don't know why it wouldn't keep building pressure and give you 2 minutes of run time at first. I think you will be glad you stuck with the CSV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks