Pressure tank or not

Users who are viewing this thread

cameron

Reaction score
I am currently running 3/4hp submersible pump from pond to water yard, running 500ft of 1in pipe and two (sears) sprinklers rated at 60 psi min. they two is the most I can run. My question is I just picked up a large 60 gallon or so pressure tank, if I use this tank will I be able to run more sprinklers or am I better off to run pump straight thru with no pressure tank like I am now? I thought with a pressure tank I could get more sprinklers because of keeping higher pressure constantly. If this is so what the best way ti set this up without pump cycling so much. Which is a better way of running system pressure tank or not?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think your main problem is that 500 feet of 1" line is too small. Friction loss in the pipe is killing your water flow. Maybe the pump is too small also, but I don't know enough about pumps to comment.

cameron

Reaction score
The sprinklers i am running will cover about 100 ft diameter eachwhich is pretty good but when I add the third sprinkler the pressure has dropped to much to run 3 and can only run 2

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks