Pressure Tank Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

BWaser

Reaction score
Hi there. We have a 75lb pressure tank. A couple weeks ago my step dad changed the pressure gauge but also the entire valve on the side of the tank (not sure what its called, it has a float attached to it)..Well every sense then our water has been terrible, constantly spitting and sputtering w/out consistency. The plumber told us it had to much air to adjust the points, but he doesnt work on wells. We drained the water the other day and that helped it for a day, but it started right back. Any recommendations on DIY this issue would be appreciated. It will be wks before we can afford a well/pump guy to come out..

Note: my step dad said it was a 20/40 guage. It kicks on at 25 and off at 45-48. I thought guages came in 30/50 and 40/60. But Im no pump/well guru just worked in the hardware store that sold them. Thanks to any help i can get

Reach4

Reaction score
Note there is a https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?forums/pumps-and-tanks-well-forum-blog-water-is-life.4/ forum too.

Is your pump down the well, or is it above ground? I suspect down the well.

You may have a standard galvanized tank with an air volume control. That AVC may not be releasing air as it should be. I suggest you post a picture or two. 800 pixels and 200 Kbyte or less. You can also put pictures on a different site and link to it.
standard-pressure-tank.jpg

Most people today have a tank with a bladder or diaphragm. That separates the air and water. You could not switch to such a tank unless you also removed the thing adding the air to the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks