Pressure switch will not turn on

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by walkingscar, Jul 16, 2011.

1. walkingscar

walkingscar New Member

Gentlemen:

I cured part of my problem by resoldering the start cap back in the circuit board. The problem now is the pressure switch will not cycle. I can manually activate the switch and the relay in the control box turns on and the tank begins to fill. I can turn the water on and run the pressure in the tank down to 6 psi and the pressure switch will not turn on. Their is ac getting to the switch since the start relay works. I have replaced the pressure switch. I'm guessing, could the small pipe that the switch is connected to be clogged or maybe a clog somewhere else. I'm pretty much running out of places to look. I really need some help. I have 23 dogs and about 40 cats that depend on me for water and food. Any help would be appreciated.

Walkingscar
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Yes, the pipe can plug up with minerals. Disconnect the pipe from the switch and see if water comes out.
  3. walkingscar

walkingscar New Member

Yes the water comes out of the pipe.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

It is possible there was sand in the pipe and that sand migrated to the diaphragm on the switch. If you disconnect the pipe from the switch and the switch doesn't close, look for sand under the diaphragm. If the switch has a low pressure cutoff, it may be maladjusted and tripping the cutoff.