Pressure Switch for booster pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Bob1000, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Bob1000

Bob1000 New Member

Right now I use a Square D pressure switch and I set it to 44 /67 psi
    The switch is new ( one month old ) but I think I am using its rates max limits ( 66.7 psi is its max pressure limit) because I did not know at the time of purchase that I would need that pressure setting
    The swich then jams often and keeps the pump running but it would kick out if I knock on a little knock
    I will buy anothe one of higher pressure rates but I wonder if there is any DIGITAL pressure switches in the market , I think they would be much easier in the setting and adjustement
    Any advice?
    Thanks very much in advance
  2. Bob1000

Bob1000 New Member

Thank you very much , it is very interesting !
  3. Raucina

Raucina Previous member

Square d makes many versions of switches, some with fixed differentials that take guess work out of set up. Look at Graingers under well AND compressor pressure switches, there must be 30+ variations under 50 bucks.