pressure releif valve

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by fredw, Oct 4, 2005.

1. fredw

fredw New Member

I just had a inground sprinkler system installed and had a separate water meter installed. The first time I used it, my house water pressure dropped. After the second time, I had no water at all in the house. The house water has a pressure releif valve because the water pressure is 125 lbs. I had the town check the house meter to see if it was okay. It was but he also took apart the pressure releif valve, cleaned it and put it back and all was well. After I used the sprinkler again, the same thing happened. After the sprinkler shuts off, I can hear a bang in the pipes. What is wrong that makes the relief valve malfunction?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Pressure relief valve or pressure regulating valve? The two do entirely different things, but neither should cause the symptoms you describe.