• Well pumps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jet Pumps?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Healey

Reaction score
I have a situation now that the TDS is now at 1030PPM. We are waiting for the results of the latest water test. DOT salt pile is 200 feet from our well, everyone here ins the are is contaminated. It ate the dishwasher last year and eating the clothes washer. I am currently moving all water systems to the new addition to house the 1st pressure tank, to push through 2 RO manifolds to drain into a holding tank and then pump this into the 2nd pressure tank to push the RO water to the home, radiant floor boiler and hot water heater
My problem is finding a pump that can push the water from the holding tank to the 2nd pressure tank with the RO water. I have attached a print of what I have now, This is just plumbing, not showing any of the electrical that will be required to make the system functional. I am having a tough time with the pump unless I install a submersible in the RO holding tank to give us the 30-5- PSI required.

Attachments

• RO System 1.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 130

Reach4

Reaction score
This is my non-pro opinion, and it may be wrong:

The pump that you use to pump the RO water would best be one designed to work with mildly acid water, oddly enough. I don't have a specific suggestion for a pump, other than to think a 1/2 10 GPM pump in the 100 gallon tank would probably be OK..

I am thinking a 10GS05R Goulds 5 stage pump would be enough pump. A pump putting out 12 to 15 GPM should have a suitably big pressure tank or a CSV.

I am sure there is a suitable jet pump too.

For the well pump, you would like that to be maybe a 50-70 PSI System if not higher. RO likes to have high pressure supplying it. You need to add a water softener before the RO units, because RO membranes do not last long with magnesium and calcium feeding the system.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
We do re-pressurization systems for RO water all the time. The submersible is a good idea, and jet pumps will work, but use plastic or SS. The plastic or SS CSV's will also work with RO, and you just need a small bladder style tank. Even the steel diaphragm tanks will have rubber or plastic lining so the water doesn't touch metal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks