pressure problems

Users who are viewing this thread

crazywell

Reaction score
We moved into our house 6 years ago we replaced a jet pump that same year .We just replaced another one this August this time we have air bubbles in the line and we loose pressure as soon as the pump comes on can anyone explain? Just where is the foot valve and how can you fix it? Did I mention we have a sandpoint well ?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There is no folt valve with a drive point well. There should be a check valve before the pump. Either you have a leak in the suction line, your drive point is not deep enough, or you are pumping the well dry.

crazywell

Reaction score
Thank you valveman.I can do laundry all day and never run out of water but it takes water from the rest of the house, also we changed from a 5 gallon pressure tank to a 45 gallon tank, could that be too big for a sandpoint? If the sandpoint isn't down far enough how do we fix that?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Thank you valveman.I can do laundry all day and never run out of water but it takes water from the rest of the house, also we changed from a 5 gallon pressure tank to a 45 gallon tank, could that be too big for a sandpoint?
The pump and well just have to produce another 12 gallon of water to fill the larger tank, but it shouldn't make that much difference.

If the sandpoint isn't down far enough how do we fix that?

The old fashioned way! Add pipe and drive deeper. Won't do any good if you go deeper than the water table. May need to drive additional points and tee them together.[/QUOTE]

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks