Pressure on my water well is at 17 and sucks air after about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

nancys

Reaction score
My water well was working fine till I replaced pipe because of a leak at the pitless adaptor. The leak is fixed but now the pressure won't go above 17 and after about 10 minutes it sounds like it's sucking air down in the well. When it does that I can't see any water at all where I used to be able to see the top of water line. The well is approx. 45' deep and water line is around 19'. I did accidently pressure up to 90 with valve closed. What could my problem be? I can't believe the well could have "gone dry" just like that.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
We'll gone dry, bad check valve. Of the two, I'd be looking at the check valve 1st

nancys

Reaction score
We'll gone dry, bad check valve. Of the two, I'd be looking at the check valve 1st
Thanks!
But...My husband just had a "lightbulb" moment. lol He knocked down a hydrant in our pasture last summer and never capped it off or anything because at the time we didn't think we'd ever tie into that well. We were just using it for yard watering, etc with hose hooked direct at the pump. This problem started when our original well caved in and we wanted to use this one. He remembered that hydrant and walked out to a small lake. When he turned the pump on water bubbled up out of the ground. Hopefully when he caps it off it'll fix the problem. We did put a new check valve on top of the submersible because the one in the pump was bad. Maybe due to that pressure surge I mentioned before. :/

Reach4

Reaction score
If that has been flowing since last summer, your elevated electric bill should go back to normal now.

nancys

Reaction score
If that has been flowing since last summer, your elevated electric bill should go back to normal now.
We weren't hooked up into that line till now when our other well caved in. We had a single hydrant placed direct at the top of well. When our well caved in we hooked our house line up to the well line that went to the hydrant in the field. And removed the hydrant that was at the pump. We definitely would have noticed that leak before now! It's made a pretty big mud hole!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks