Pressure loop for two sets of body sprays

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
How should a pressure loop be laid out for case where valve is in back wall, and two sets of two body sprays are opposing each other on both side walls?

Can we run a loop in the back wall and run feeders off to sprays on each side? If so would we run four direct feeders or two that split between the two sprays on each side? If split, would they have to have a sub-loop tying them together or just a tee?

Update:
Guess should ask about running big loop around all four sprays; but maybe this picture is an answer? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/one-wall_small-jpg.2081/

Functionally, we want what is pictured here but with 2nd set of 2 sprays on right side (total 4 sprays): http://www.maineshowerdoor.com/Shower Valves/Typical Valve.jpg

The valve is AS R540 fed by 3/4" pex. Should connections coming out stay 3/4" to each outlet or 1/2" as that's what the individual fixtures actually have as input?

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
You can always try and hook them up "Red Neck Style"....

Run the bitches and find out exactly...

Red+Neck+Shower++Body+Jets.jpg

Red Neck Shower - Photo Source

That's my shower as it sits today. Looking into these exact questions of yours as we speak. I'm trying a different set up this Sunday...

I have in the Shower and Bathroom section this discussion on the go right now.

Shower Design - How to Lay out six body jets

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Those two loops on either side look nice and take more time and material, but do absolutely NOTHING to improve the flow of the heads A simple tee in a vertical line will do the same thing. After all, when you remove the two 'outside" risers, that is what you are actually have.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
HJ in my picture above I'm getting about 10 psi out of the two lower jets (top on has gauge now). When I had three the pressure seemed most in the lowest body jet... Lucky for me that's the one that washes my junk! LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks