Pressure locked return manifold

Users who are viewing this thread

Dedpossum

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I have quite the puzzle here.

I have installed a hydronic system for a very small house (900 sf).

I have a total of 1200 feet of HE 1/2 pex broken into 4 - 300 foot loops.

I have a taco 007 w/ IFC circulator pump with arrow pointing towards the supply manifold (hotwater to the loops).

I also isolated each loop to make sure the supply matches the return, and they do.

If I use fresh water and vent the return manifold into the drain everything runs awesome.

There is no air in the lines

When I attempt to cycle the system using the Taco 007 there is no circulation. I end up with a large amount of pressure in the return manifold. So much so that the valves are held shut by the pressure. And I have to relieve the pressure through the end cap of the manifold.

I installed another back flow preventer between the boiler and the Taco and the problem remains the same.

I am really scratching my head here because it truly seams like I've done everything "right". So I think I am overlooking the obvious. I have enough pipe, fittings and time to redo whatever is necessary.

Advice would be most welcome!

IMG_20160923_160520.jpg
IMG_20160919_221432.jpg

Sincerely,

Ded

P.s yes nothing is supported yet.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It does look like the expansion tank is new. I would double check that it is set to the correct pressure and not leaking any air from the internal bladder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks