Pressure in upper floor

Users who are viewing this thread

miz013

Reaction score
We bought a house recently and noticed that the pressure in the upper floor is somehow weaker than on the 1st floor. I have installed the same type of hand sprayer in the toilet on the 1st floor and on the 2nd floor and somehow the pressure into that sprayer on the 1st floor is much stronger. I have a pressure regular connected into the mainline, would it help if I increase the pressure?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I doubt that there is much difference in pressure based on height. A little.
It's more likely the pipe supplying the fixture, or the sprayer itself.
Some older homes with galvanized will have size reduction do the corrosion. Especially at the shutoff valves where the brass meets the galvanized.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
0.42# per foot, all things being equal. At the most, probably 10', or less than 5# difference. Volume, based on the pipe sizes or corrosion as Terry said, is more likely the issue. There can be a big difference in showerheads, too, so if they aren't identical, you wouldn't expect identical results. As a quick experiment, you could try swapping the heads and see if you still notice a difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks