Pressure Drop Across Thermostatic Mixing Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottg

Reaction score
I’m remodeling my laundry room and this space feeds a hose bibb that is used for washing cars, cleaning tools, etc. My location is NY, so it gets cold here. Washing road salt off the cars and cleaning tools after tiling last winter was quite painful. I’m considering changing out the supply to the hose bibb from a single cold water feed to a hot/cold water feed through a Watts ½†lo-temp mixing valve (60-120 deg F). Will I get an unacceptable pressure drop across the mixing valve? Would it help to install a ¾†valve with reducing couplings? The other option is to eliminate the mixing valve and install a pair of check and ball valves to manually mix the hot/cold. The valves will be inside the wall with an access panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Good news everybody, you can buy a sillcock that will give you hot, cold and mixed water.

Scottg

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately that will not work. I do not have hot water running near the hose sillcock. In order to get to the area of the sillcock, I would have to tear down a finished wall and also work in around the oil tank. There is limited, if any, space to maneuver around the tank. The room that I have open has hot water and feeds the cold to the sillcock. My though is to mix the water here and use the existing cold water supply to sillcock as a mixed supply.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A couple of ball valves and a tee will do the same thing at 1/3 of the cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks