Pressure booster systems

Users who are viewing this thread

dontknowyet

Reaction score
I thought that I would get your answer sent to my regular email, sorry about that. I also asked a couple questions on your site again. I would prefer any set up that is better than the AIO unit that I have now, (broken unit). I like the option, that if I install in the cistern, there will be no sound. By the way, the cistern is about 5 feet from the old broken system. Thanks Joe Talla

bbugg

Reaction score
Mq3-45

Grundfos pumps come with a 2-year warranty. Grundfos has a distributor and dealers in Mexico. If you bought your pump in the USA and brought it into Mexico, there will be no warranty, unless you did a proper importation. I am a dealer in Baja and I sell hundreds of these pumps with few problems. When there is a problem, I give my customers a free "loaner" pump to use while I repair their pump. If you live in a humid area of Mexico (it's a big country), there could be problems with condensation in the electronic control box. That has been corrected in their new pumps. There is most certainly a seal on the cover of the electronics compartment. List price on the circuit board is around $260 USD. Who told you it was no good? Was it tested??
If you go with a pressure tank, plan on replacing it every two years or so, and if your water source is not disinfected (chlorine), the bladder will become a bacteria heaven. If you have hard water (over 7 grains), you will need a water softening device or de-scaler before your UV lamp. Read your instructions/specs.
Mexico is a different animal, so you need to ask the right questions. I'd be happy to help you.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Welcome to the forum. We learn a lot from each other here.

The MQ pump has a small bladder pressure tank under the housing. This bladder tank is just as susceptible to contamination as any other.

Replacing bladder tanks every couple of years tells me that the pump system is cycling on and off constantly. Eliminate the cycling with a CSV, and bladders tanks will last a long time.

I guess it is possible to seal well enough to prevent condensation in the electronics but, it would have to be air tight. Then how do you keep it cool?

What is the average life expectancy of the MQ units that you see, before someone gets to use a loaner pump?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Most USA people don't understand your system!

I've been to Mexico and I believe I understand your system.

The roof rainwater drains into a cistern, then a pump in the cistern pumps water to an unpressurized storage tank on the roof, then the unpressurized storage tank on the roof provides supply water to a pressure supply pump; tank and pressure switch too supply the home!

The solution to your problem is not as difficult as it appears. I suggest that you look up www.cyclestopvalves.com and call their toll free number. The people there will walk you through what you need to do at no cost to you. You will only need a jet pump, a small tank and a cycle stop valve! I'm sure that CSV will make recommendations on how to repair your existing pump (even though they don't sell pumps) at minimum cost. Tell them Porky sent you!

dontknowyet

Reaction score
it worked

Thank for all your help. I had a little problem with the electric part of install but, cleared that up with a live chat at CSV web site. We are back to heated water with good pressure and using 1 less pump. I still need to hook up the safety off pump controller. I will do that on our next vacation. Thanks again. Take care. Joseph Talla

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks