pressure booster setups for low water pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

bajaman

Reaction score
I have a Bosch Comfort II tankless heater that I am pleased with but I live in Baja and we have low water pressure. Looking for any advice on an inexpensive setup to boost pressure. I have read about an rv pump installed but can't find the article now.
thanks for any help...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF you have sufficient volume, then boosting the pressure works. If there isn't enough volume coming in, then you'll burn the pump up quickly. This Olde House has a session on installing one, which may work as a good reference if you check their website and watch it. Basically, it has a check valve, a small bladder tank that holds some water under pressure so the pump doesn't need to run with each water use, and obviously the pump. Basically, it's like a mini well pump system.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Bosch Comfort II but many tankless units will flow restrict when they reach design capacity. Boosting the pressure could just cause it to flow restrict more.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Baja might be using gravity fed, and a booster pump would help. As I said, though, don't let the tank run dry or the pump is toast (or, you could use a float switch, if there's one involved to shut it off).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks