Pressure Balance Valve is Stuck!!!

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by nediver, Dec 26, 2007.

1. nediver

nediver New Member

I have a one knob shower control. I think its an older Delta, bout 25 years. Anyway, I wasnt getting any cold water so I replaced the cartridge. I think the problem is the pressure balance valve. It is stuck. I tried everything from a flat head to vise grips. Tried using break lubricant and everything. What do you all suggest?

-AD
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Did you get a new one? Cartrage.maybey replace it.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I didn't think they were using pressure balanced valves 25-years ago...think you may have some crud buildup in the cold supply side.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spool

Delta doesn't give you a lot to grab with that spool. When I encounter one like you indicate your is, I use a hammer and a small chisel and tap it in the unloosening direction. Once you move it even a small amount, then the screwriver or Crescent wrench will finish the job of removing it.