Pressure balance tub/showers & insta hot/on-demand systems don't work together well??

Users who are viewing this thread

I love pizza

Reaction score
I'm curious what you folks have heard good and bad about pressure balanced tub/showers and insta hot/on demand hot water systems. I've heard stories lately that some insta hot or on demand systems make the hot pressure a little lower than it normally is and because of that any make of a tub/shower that has a pressure balancing spool will cause that spool to react to the imbalance of pressure on the hot side vs. cold side pressure causing a reduction in flow.

What I'm getting at is I think pressure balancing has been around longer than these insta hot systems and now the old technology doesn't gel w/the new technology and a new issue has been created from this mix of technology. This is what I've heard, but have you run across similar scenarios?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
yes they dont work well with anything

tankless will usually cause you some grief and

you sepnd the next few years trying to "tweak it"

hopeing to recoup your investment......

its only normal when you got about a 1/2 inch or less
coil for the ot side and a 3/4 cold full line fighting eash otehr through
tha tpressure balanced valve.....

then when the coil begins to lime up, its all over

http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/houseofhorrors/

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pressure

They are pretty much about the same age. But if you select an undersized tankless heater, then the pressure loss at maximum flow will be "enormous" and the cold water flow will be diminished to match it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks