Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Premonition, Prayer and Luck

There is study after study looking at premonition and how that plays out in our daily life. There are those not current in the latest scientific research that still think that premonition is an old wives tale. I have been trusting my premonitions for some time now based on how well it works for me. Not to say that I can always pull rabbits out of a hat, but sometimes the feeling is so strong that I will pay attention. One that comes to mind as an example is about a Facebook friend of mine that though we share much of our political beliefs, I’m not so sure that we share other beliefs. I believe in the power of prayer and I also have my premonitions that I pay attention to.

One day on my Facebook feed I see a picture of a motorcycle tire posted by Ken. I immediately felt dread when I saw the picture. It felt like it was in a state where it was going to blow. I use the word feel, because that’s how this stuff works. I had a bad feeling about the tire.

Knowing that Ken doesn’t share a belief system similar to mine, I felt I couldn’t call or message him about the tire. Me being me, I did the next best thing. I prayed about it hard for the next two days. I didn’t think I could get him to change the tire, but I thought I could pray that the injury wouldn’t be too serious. The tire was on a bike that he races and normal speeds for him on a track are over 180 MPH. Okay, keep the injury within bounds so he can race another day.

About twenty five years ago I had gotten interested in Buddhism. I found that the chant I learned helped to power up my thoughts. At the outset I had even asked members how to control the actions better. I would think things, and they would happen. My mind kind of thinks of a lot of things, so sometimes it was a good thing, and sometimes not so good. I was beginning to see why there were people that spent a lot of their time focusing on how they were chanting, thinking and praying. If I was at a meeting where a lot of chanting was being done, afterwards I would notice a different feeling in my chest. When I got that feeling, future events would and did become very interesting.

Anyway, I saw the picture below

ken_z_tire_1.jpg

Doesn’t look like much does it?

For some reason it bothered me, a lot.
This is the tire after the blowout.

ken_z_14.jpg

“Race required dot tires. Dunlop GPA Daytona’s”
Ken

ken_z_16.jpg

“Rear tire overheated and exploded as I exited the chicane. Rear started to come around. I managed to gather it back up and avoid a high side but that put me off line. I had to hit the front brakes to scrub off as much speed as possible before i hit the wall. i hit the brakes so hard i flew over the bars into the wall and then the bike hit me. Not really sure why I'm alive but here I am.”
Ken

He crashed going over 180 MPH and hit the wall. He has some nice video footage showing the speedometer and him flying over the bars. I’m glad you’re alive Ken. Keep posting that political stuff, I enjoy reading it. I think Ken must have several people that worry for him. He’s that kind of guy.

ken_z_13.jpg

This is Ken’s collar bone broken

ken_z_11.jpg

The collar bone with screws holding it together.

ken_z_tire_1.jpg

I went back and looked at the tire picture again, a year after the accident. The funny thing is…………it just looks like a motorcycle tire to me now. Looking at it afterwards, I get no feelings from it at all. It’s kind of strange.
Terry Love

Comment from Ken

“The crazy thing is, that tire had PLENTY of tread on it when I went out.”
Ken

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Other stories.

When my daughter was in high school, she asked to borrow the car on a Friday night to go out with her friends. My gut feeling was that she would be in an accident that night. She's looking at me and asking me again. I think some more and I say, Nope! Not tonight. You can have the car any other day you want, but not tonight. She was pretty mad with me. Her friend was able to borrow a car from her parents though, and she was still able to go out that night.

I asked her the next morning how things went.

"We got into a car accident."

I asked if anyone was hurt. She said no. At this point I was feeling pretty good about not lending her the car.

With my nephew, I had been going to his football games one season. A lot of his games. One Friday night, he was playing at the high school up the street from me, just a mile away.
I had a bad feeling that he was going to get hurt that night, and I didn't wan't to see it. I'm the guy that won't look at football replays of injuries on my televison either.
I skipped that game, and the next day called my sister to see how Noel was doing. She told me he had broken his leg in the game and had been carried off in a streatcher. I have never told my sister or Noel that I knew he was going to get hurt that night. I imagine she thought that someone had told me of the injury. But no, I knew he would be hurt before it happened.

In Febuary 2010 I was scheduled for surgery.
I had one more chance so ski that year before I was done for the year. After that surgery I couldn't even drive a car until May.
I had a bad feeling before going skiing that I was going to get hurt. In my 54 years of skiing I had never been hurt. But that day I was worried. So I pray (chant) that the injury will not be that bad. I'm feeling pretty stupid going with that, but then I do really like skiing.

crystal_2010_taylor_3.jpg

At lunch time I take a picture of my son, and after looking at the picture afterwards I notice the red cross of the ski patrol building behind him. Hmmm. Not good.

crystal_2010_poles.jpg

Last run of the day for me. really, the last run. There is nobody on the hill but me, and I'm skiing on the edge of the run just heading for the bottom.
Bam!!
Out of the trees to my left a snowboarder hits me with his board. It snaps my left side ski pool in half. We are both tangled up. He's thinking he must have killed me he hit me so hard, but the pole took a lot of the energy from the blow. I'm bruised on my left shoulder and the inside of my right leg. It isn't until the following year that I realized that he had amost knocked my binding toe piece off one of the skis. My nephew pointed out to me that one ski was on crooked. The ski poles were of aircraft aluminum. That had been industructable for 38 years.
So yes. Hurt, but not too bad. The next day I went in for my surgery just a little banged up.

The next story below the ad is amazing.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
January 11, 2013

At lunch, I picked up a USAtoday and read this article.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2013/01/10/heaven-bestsellers-burpo-neal/1759279/

Can it be true? Do people really see a light at the end of a tunnel when they have a near-death experience?

I was browsing through it and felt it was interesting enough that I wish it were more in depth. It was something I wanted to know more about.

Later today, the neighbor two doors down called about her kitchen sink. She's lost most of her motion and is getting on in years. She's trying to stay in her home as long as possible. So grabbing a screwdriver and some Allen wrenches, I walked over and got her sink draining better. Really all I did was clear the strainer on the non-disposer side. There was nothing wrong with the disposer. Total time; a few minutes. But then we started talking, and by that I mean I must have been there an hour. It turns out she was a professional dancer when she was younger. Her second marriage at 40 was like heaven for her. Her husband died when she was sixty. She has very fond memories of him.

Being a dancer, she knew who my neighbor was growing up. Ann Reinking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Reinking

Not too many people outside of dancing know about her on the West Coast. She's big on the East Coast and has been in movies.

The neighbor’s dad had been a lawyer that even on his death bed was worried about his pro bono cases and who would take them when he was gone. He died of stomach cancer when she was 40. My father was also a lawyer and died of stomach cancer. I was 39.

I don't know how we slid into this, but she mentioned her death at the age of 61. She's now something like 75. She had an asthma attack, and had been having a cold.

She called 911 and was just able to open the door before she blacked out.

She was clinically dead, and it wasn't until a second aid car came by to see how the first responders had done that anything changed that. One of the women in the second air car wanted to give it a shot. They were already making out the death certificate. The woman from the second team was able to bring her back to life. The neighbor said that it was all black, but then she started seeing in her vision that it started getting reddish. She was walking in a neighborhood, dressed very nicely and she was young again. She could hear a commotion a few blocks away, and she was walking toward that direction. As she got closer, it was getting louder and louder until she was able to hear words and make sense of them. She realized that she was being worked on, and that she was so peaceful that she wanted to stay where she was. She was fine.

But then before her eyes, she could see the woman who was trying to bring her back wave her finger from side to side telling her to stay with her. "Don't go back. Stay with me!"

She didn't want to come back, and she would close her eyes, but then the woman would say "Stay with me!" And then gradually she realized that she was coming back. She was old, and sick and coming back. She wasn't young. So that's how she had died, and come back.

And then what she told me next was kind of amazing.

After she had made the 911 call, she looked over and in her dining room, there were two men in robes and sandals. Her feeling, was that one was the angel of death, and one was her guardian angel. Her guardian angel was arguing that it wasn't her time yet. It was too soon.
In a way it was sad that I was the first to hear that part of the story. She had never told her doctor, or her kids.
Having seen angels myself, I assured her that it was okay that she had seen them. Later I dropped off a book I had been reading.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chicken-soup-for-the-soul-jack-canfield/1112033136?ean=9781611599060

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The neighbor?
She died two years ago, and when I went over to talk to her son and giving him this story to read, he invited me in and told my his experience in a hospital room. For him, there were six angels in the room, and the ceiling was like a night sky with bright stars. They were letting him know that he was not to worry. It wasn't his time yet.
So I wound up getting two stories, from the same family,

This last Saturday I was telling my new neighbors about Ann Reinking when relating a near death experience that had happened in their dining room by the previous owner of the home.
Ann Reinking died two days later, she had been my neighbor in Bellevue when I was growing up.

https://variety.com/2020/legit/news/ann-reinking-dead-chicago-1234853416/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks