Preferred Config. for Rough Valve Inlet/Outlet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by paul somlo, Mar 24, 2005.

1. paul somlo

paul somlo New Member

What type of connections do the majority of you prefer for a Tub/Shower valve; 1/2" female IPS or direct solder?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I pull the cartridge and do a direct solder.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Plumber

direct solder

I prefer the sweat valves, I usually apply some faucet lube to the seals while I have the cartridge removed.

Some of the guys spray the valve body with cool gel and don't remove the cartridge, I'd rather be safe than sorry though.
  4. paul somlo

paul somlo New Member

Thanks Terry and Clayton; decision made, valve will be ordered direct sweat. By the way Terry, beautiful website!
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Most of today's valves that have male connections for use with female adapters also will accept copper tubing directly into the openings for sweat purposes.