Pre plumb water loop

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Talisker, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Talisker

Talisker New Member

I don't have much knowledge on plumbing, but if someone can help with my question regarding pre plumb.

House under construction, we got water softner loop in the garage. If I have water softner loop in the garage, do i need to get pre plumb refrigerator water loop in the kitchen? At this time we are not getting reverse osmosis. I don't what other information is needed for someone to help me with this question.

Thx.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What is a "refrigerator water loop"? If anyone is on a low salt diet, you WILL want an R/O system. I got mine because I do not like the "flat taste" of softened water. If you have a "water softener loop", then you also want to be sure that all the outside hose faucets connect BEFORE the loop so they do not use soft water.