Pre Plumb through builder

Users who are viewing this thread

Firethorne

Reaction score
Hi:

We are building a house and the laundry room is located on the first floor.

Builder has an option to Pre-plumb for Utility sink for $960. Another option is to add Fiberglass Mop Sink with Legs (25 x 22 x 11) for $1,250.

My question is, is that $960 for pre-plumbing a rip off, or not. I live in Katy, Texas btw.

Would I be able to have a plumber after I close on the house and have the plumber install a utility sink and all the necessary plumbing needed?

This is our first time experience building a new house.

Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Installing a drain line into a slab later would be very tough. Running the vent would not be easy. Putting the supply pipes into the finished wall would not be trivial.

Pay for the pre-plumb.

How about a laundry chute from upstairs?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The builder knows that it will be expensive to do later, usually, so he can charge whatever he wants to, as long is it less than that amount, and he will NOT allow you to have a different plumber install the piping until he finishes the house.

Reach4

Reaction score
My question is, is that $960 for pre-plumbing a rip off, or not. I live in Katy, Texas btw.
On second thought, if it includes drain line, vent, and water out of the wall, it sounds reasonable to me. I don't know how much such things normally cost, but usually such work is more expensive than I would have guessed.

Firethorne

Reaction score
Installing a drain line into a slab later would be very tough. Running the vent would not be easy. Putting the supply pipes into the finished wall would not be trivial.

Pay for the pre-plumb.

How about a laundry chute from upstairs?

Laundry Chute. That I have never seen in the US. That would be cool.

I will take your suggestion and pay for the pre-plumbing :)

Thank You so much.

Firethorne

Reaction score
On second thought, if it includes drain line, vent, and water out of the wall, it sounds reasonable to me. I don't know how much such things normally cost, but usually such work is more expensive than I would have guessed.

Hi Reach4:

I will have to ask the builder if the drain line, vent etc will be included.

Thank You..

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Thank you everybody. I will have the builder do it then to avoid future problem o_O

If you are building a house in Katy, $1000 is a drop in the bucket. So the tax man says.

You should have the alarm system pre wired too.

Enjoy your new home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks