pre charges

Users who are viewing this thread

brenjake

Reaction score
Hello I am new at this...but here goes I just installed a grundfos mq-45 booster pump. It is 1hp. It has a precharge tank built in of 25lbs. I have a 86 gal bladder type tank precharged at 38lbs from factory.I am drawing fro a adjacent cistern. My question is since the pump is factory set to start pumping at28-30 lbs. should I lower the bladder pressure tank to 2lbs below the cut in at 28lbs as instructed by the tank manufacturer? EG lower the precharge to 26 on the pressure tank? thanks for any help.:confused:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
should I lower the bladder pressure tank to 2lbs below the cut in at 28lbs as instructed by the tank manufacturer? EG lower the precharge to 26 on the pressure tank? thanks for any help.:confused:

Yes, but with that baseball size tank it is not going to help much. When you decide you want a reliable pump, get a standard jet pump with a regular pressure switch and either a large pressure tank or a CSV and small tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks