PP Crown Imperial interchangeable with Crown Imperial?

Users who are viewing this thread

mc510

Reaction score
[EDIT - Please disregard my idiotic subject for this thread .... I mean to ask if Crown Imperial is interchangeable with Verve.]

There's a Price Pfister 2-handle Crown Imperial set in my shower stall (installed around 1970 if that matters). I'm thinking about a rebuild kit to replace all of the replaceable parts and trim, but I can only find a 3-handle Crown Imperial kit, including diverter, and it's kind of expensive. Can I use a Verve 2-handle kit instead?

pfaucet-1.jpg

Crown Jewel

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you do, you will have to replace the handles, escutcheons and, holder nipples because the Crown Jewel has a different set up. The Verve uses a longer stem, which is the reason for the change.

mc510

Reaction score
HJ, I want to replace everything that's in one of those Kissler kits, so I guess the question is if the rough-in valve body (being the only part that I wouldn't replace) is the same for all of the related trim styles?

What's the "holder nipple"?

If it matters, I've got Crown Imperial, not Crown Jewel.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks