Pouring Concrete floor over ABS Drains?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rocknroj, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Rocknroj

Rocknroj New Member

I am installing new waste lines with ABS in my basement as part of a new bath. I am looking for advice/guidance regarding making certain that the lines do not shift/settle as a result of pouring the concrete floor.

I am currently down to a clay/sand mix. I was going to lay a moisture barrier down, then gravel and then the concrete. I also have considerable water puddling in my dig area..

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks.
  2. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

Make sure you first get it inspected. Put the gravel down, then plastic barrier, and finally pour cement.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pipes

You are supposed to pin, tie, or otherwise secure the piping so it CANNOT move once you have it in place.
  4. Rocknroj

Rocknroj New Member

securing abs under concrete floor

Any recommendations on best how to do that.. The soil is a clay/sand mix with lots of underground water. I have seen pictures with wooden stakes and metal strapping, but I don't really want to use wood as it will rot away and leave substantial voids.

I have been looking all over and all I can find for groundwork is a sandy bed with the pipe laid in the bed about 1/3 deep and then covered with gravel..

Thanks