Pot filler tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Annic

Reaction score
  • hi,
  • I like to put a pot filler tap in my kitchen has anyone encountered any code-violations for using pot-fillers over an induction or standard electric range/cooktop. Most of the time you see it over gas But even gas ranges/cooktops have electric 110V outlets on the wall below them.
  • I can't find any info on this, is it ok? I live in Ontario, canada
grohe-pot-filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
he main thing is to mount it off to the side so it is not in the path of heat rising from the cooking surface. Other than that there is no regulation. The outlets should be GFCI protected anyway.

Annic

Reaction score
he main thing is to mount it off to the side so it is not in the path of heat rising from the cooking surface. Other than that there is no regulation. The outlets should be GFCI protected anyway.

Thanks for the info about the heat, note GFI are for outlets but not for stove, or induction tops that are install permanently or other large appliance,
it's just strange no clear info on that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks