Posting Images

Discussion in 'Terry's Corner' started by speedball1, Jul 9, 2006.

1. speedball1

speedball1 Retired plumber

Hi Terry,

I'm new to you but not to Q & A sites. I got shot down when i attempted to post a No-Hub Band image (193 KB). I use images a lot in my answers to illustrate and flesh them out. However your limit of 39.1 KB is too small for me to work with.
    I had the same problem over at AskMeHelpDesk.com. when I took over the plumbing page. I contacted the owner and laid out my concerns. Since my data base of scanned images runs no higher then 300 KB he kindly increased the limit to 293 KB with a 750 pixel limit.
    Can you do the same for me? Thank you, Tom aka speedball1
  2. prashster

prashster New Member

Speedball,
    Most standard graphics programs can resize the pic pretty easily without sacrificing quality for the web. In fact, some graphic progs have a "resize image for web" option.
  3. speedball1

Thanks Pash, I'm a computer dummy. Most of my scans have been converted from PDF tp JPEG. Where do I go on this site to resize a image? If I had a problem with 300 KB I'm gonna have a great time shrinking them down to 39.1 KB. I use http://convert.neevia.com/ to knock my images down to where I can use them at 293KB or under but most are larger then 39.1 KB even after I run them through neevia.

Thanks for your reply. Tom
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've bumped to picture size for jpg's to 100000 bits.

You can also email me pictures that I can post on the web, and you can do a copy paste on them.
    That way I can resize they they load quicker.

loveplumbing@comcast.net

the picture below is 60499 bytes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  5. speedball1

Terry,
    Thanks for the quick response. Is there anything I can do or a app. I can downlosd to reduce the number of bytes on a image? Thanks for the increase. I have images that are under 100KB but not all that many. Are you a operating shop or just a site shop. If you have a operating shop how do you find the time to monitor this site? Is this a hobby for you as it is for me? Regards, Tom
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

ifanview works...do a google search
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I'm a working shop.

I sell a lot in the Seattle area, and do some Internet sales too.

I don't ship toilets, but I do ship shower heads and bidet seats.

I'm like some of the others, I enjoy reading what everyone else is writing.