Possible top connect 2 valves in one zone?

Users who are viewing this thread

drumz

Reaction score
I have an Orbit 57956 and am adding a sprinkler valve at the end of my first zone which is 150' from the controller. I have an extra line but it doesn't work, I imagine it got crimped or cut somewhere as it is buried and goes around numerous obstacles. I do not want to string another 150' of wire so was hoping I could control 2 valves if I wired them together or bridged them. To explain what I mean by bridge, they will not only share the common line like they all do but also the hot line which I would split so the line would be the same distance to each valve. Since the controller just sends a burst that turns the valve on or off, shouldn't that open both?
And if that doesn't work, what if I put a transistor on the line to make sure there was enough voltage to hit both valves?
I'll probably just end up rewiring one closer to the controller and use that line but thought I'd check to see if I could do it the way I proposed which would be way more convenient.

Thanks for your time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks